At EPOXY AND ERUTHANE CONCRETE Florida, they offer a wide variation of resin-based flooring products and the two most common types of resins are epoxy and urethane concrete. Honestly, people got confused about which one is right for their business and home flooring. Both of these flooring products come up with their unique characteristics when it comes to their similarities and differences. Let this article be your guide in making that choice easy for you. Below are the similarities and differences of both:
Similarities of Epoxy and Urethane Concrete
- Epoxy and Urethane concrete are both durable and hard-wearing.
- They have waterproofing features.
- They are suited to different applications and industries.
- Both have specialties when it comes to their differences.
- Both are unique in their specified ways like being chemical resistant.
- Both can be used in repairing existing concrete flooring with their unique solutions.
Differences of Epoxy and Urethane Concrete
- A polyurethane concrete flooring is in its maximum flexibility and elasticity. This makes this resin-based flooring, more resistant to scratches and damages which is best applied to the floor of heavy traffic areas and car parks. Also, its maximum flexibility makes it suitable for applications in extreme weather conditions to which flooring may expand and contract with such temperature changes – refraining the flooring from cracking. On the other hand, Epoxy is firmer and more fragile compared to the other.
- Polyurethane concrete is more resistant when it comes to chemicals like lactic acid making it popular in the food processing industries for having such qualities. However, epoxy offers better protection when it comes to strong artificial corrosives like sulfuric acid. If epoxy is exposed to lactic acid, it may cause a degree of erosion and yellowing on its flooring.
- Epoxy is a thinner compound that makes it suitable for filling in cracks on concretes while urethane is a more flexible flooring product and is ideal for connecting gaps and cracks in a hunk of existing concrete.
- When it comes to the installation of these flooring products, polyurethane concrete flooring is extremely sensitive to humidity which means that if it is attacked by moisture, the urethane flooring will be completely ruined that is the reason why areas should maintain its dryness while installing this to prevent such problem. However, the epoxy flooring can still be affected by moisture and humidity but far lesser compared to the other, making it more suitable for places that are naturally impacted by humidity and moisture.
- Another great difference between the two are, the installation of epoxy resin flooring can be done by ordinary people with no experience, suitable for DIY while polyurethane concrete flooring highly recommended for more experienced people only because it is highly sensitive to moisture and humidity making its installation process harder and more challenging compared to epoxy.
Overall, there is no exact winner between epoxy and polyurethane concrete because that strongly matters on the requirements of the industry and the need for their new surface.